Different words have different meaing. This is true of words like Mission, Purpose, Vision when applied to organizations. So take a moment to read what we are saying when talk about the Vision of Salem Church.
We define Vision as an ideal picture of the future that inspires action
Vision sharpens our focus. It does not replace our mission statement but draws attention to an area of need or weakness in fulfilling the purpose for why exist. It paints a picture of action we need to take in order to actually fulfill our mission statement.
What a Visions Statement Does:
- *It defines an outcome
- *It challenges the status quo (at some point it will cause discomfort)
- *It provides focus and eliminates distraction
- *It forms a mental picture of our target
A Vision is not:
- A realistic picture of the present.
- A goal that can be accomplished in a set time frame.
- The only thing that we will do for the next year.
Our Vision Statement
We will seek to be a church where everyone proclaims the gospel at every opportunity.
“Becoming a Proclaiming People”
We see our Vision Statement as an ideal picture of the future that inspires action. We beleive that it adresses a very specific need we have today in actually fulfilling our Mission Statement which is To Make Disciples of Jesus Christ.